Easy proxy management for daily use is highly achievable with mobile apps like Postern. Especially when using it with Oxylabs Residential Proxies. In this blog post, we will go over how to integrate our Residential Proxies with Postern in a few easy steps.
Postern is a proxy and VPN management application on Android. For more info on setting up Proxies on Android, click here.
1. First, you will need to download Postern. To do that, simply go to Google Play Store and click Install.
2. Then, open the app and click Add Proxy:
3. Then, in the following window, enter the required proxy information:
Server Name – Oxylabs
Server Address – pr.oxylabs.io
Server Port – 7777
Click Server Type and choose HTTPS/HTTP CONNECT
Enter your login credentials under Username and Password. For this to work, you must type customer- before you type in your username, e.g., customer-username.
You can also use country-specific entries. For example, if you put us-pr.oxylabs.io under Server Address and 10001 under Server Port, you will receive the US exit node with a sticky session.
For more country-specific entry nodes, check out our documentation.
4. After typing in all of the Oxylabs proxy settings, open the app menu and go to Rules:
5. Click Add Rule:
6. Under Match Method, select Match All. Choose Proxy/Tunnel as the Rule. Proxy/Proxy Group should automatically fill in with Oxylabs – pr.oxylabs.io:7777. After that, click Save.
7. Now to use the proxy, you will need to turn on the VPN. Open the app menu and click on VPN Off to activate the connection. And that is it.
Together with Oxylabs Residential Proxies, Postern can provide your Android device an added level of security and privacy.
If you have any questions about integrating Oxylabs proxies, please contact us at any time.
What is Browser Fingerprinting?
Browser fingerprinting is being used as a new avenue of tracking. How does it work? Is it possible to reduce the likelihood of being tracked? Read on to find out more.
Dedicated IP vs Shared IP
When it comes to the question “shared IP address vs. dedicated IP address”, the answer is that dedicated proxies are usually chosen more frequently rather than shared proxies. In this article, you'll find out why.
Datacenter Proxies vs. Residential Proxies
Although Residential and Datacenter Proxies serve the same core functionality – hiding your IP address – they have quite a few differences. In this article, we’ll dive deep into each of these proxy types to help you choose which one is better for your business.
Get the latest news from data gathering world
Get Postern proxies for $15/GB
GET IN TOUCH
Certified data centers and upstream providers
Connect with us
Advanced proxy solutions
oxylabs.io© 2023 All Rights Reserved