The growing significance of alternative data cannot be nay-said, and neither can it be downplayed. Though an emerging data analysis paradigm, alternative data is precious for organizations and investment managers, as seen through statistics on spending and independent studies.
Simply put, alternative data is information that provides investors or businesses with an edge over their competitors; companies use it to generate predictive insights. This makes it an integral part of financial analysis as it facilitates good investment and business decision making.
Alternative data refers to the information beyond fundamental datasets, earning calls by companies, or filings with the relevant regulatory bodies. It includes:
- Geolocation data from smartphones
- Satellite imagery
- Web scraped data
Our white paper “Why Is Alternative Data Playing an Increasingly Larger Role in Financial Markets?” reveals how alternative data is boosting applications within the financial market, such as predictive analytics, research verification, and sentiment analysis, as well as provides solutions to challenges that you may face while collecting alternative data.Download white paper
What can you expect from this white paper?
In this white paper, you’ll find out:
- What is alternative data?
- Why is alternative data important to financial markets?
- How monitoring and tracking data influences business decisions?
- How can alternative data help in making informed decisions?
- How alternative data brings value to investors?
- What are the key challenges of collecting alternative data?
- How can AI and ML help to collect alternative data?
Download our white paper about alternative data in financial markets and find out how to deal with challenges while scraping alternative data for financial applications.