SwitchyOmega is a powerful and reliable proxy manager that works with many popular browsers. From our own experience, it is one of the best proxy plugins out there. This short blog post will show you how to implement Oxylabs Datacenter Proxies with SwitchyOmega.
What is SwitchyOmega?
It is a proxy manager specifically optimized for Chrome that allows you to switch between multiple proxies in a quick and easy way. As SwitchyOmega says themselves, ” think of it as a modern version of the “Proxy Settings” dialog.”
It is a free and open-source tool. Together with a reliable proxy service, you will have a great and reliable tool for everyday use.
How to use proxies with SwitchyOmega
To start using proxies with SwitchyOmega, you will need to get the plugin first:
Once you install it on your preferred browser, you will need to:
- Open SwitchyOmega’s Options.
- Then click on New profile.
- Type in a Profile name.
- Choose Proxy Profile type and click Create.
- Change the protocol to HTTP.
- Under Server, enter the code of one of the proxies you have purchased from us.
- Under Port, add 60000 if you are using username:password authentication method ( 65432 if you are using whitelisted IPs).
- Next, click the lock button on the right.
- After that, fill in your Username and Password and click Save changes. (If you have whitelisted your IP, you do not need to do this step at all.)
- Click on Apply changes.
- For the final step, click on the SwitchyOmega icon and choose your newly configured proxy. And that is it
We truly believe SwitchyOmega is one of the better proxy managers out there, so go ahead and give it a try. As mentioned before, SwitchyOmega does not provide proxies. In this case, you need to be sure that you are using the most reliable proxies for a smooth web scraping or browsing experience. Using SwitchyOmega with our Datacenter Proxies will help you avoid many browsing issues.