Whenever you connect to the internet, your IP address allows other websites to track your browsing activity, regardless of its nature. The only way to stay anonymous is to hide your IP. And this is where proxies come in handy.
When it comes to proxies, there are a few different types of proxies one can look into:
Also, exclusivity is something that defines their quality and, usually, the price. That’s why most proxy providers offer shared, semi-dedicated and private proxies. Today, we’re taking a closer look at private ones.
What are private proxies?
Private proxies completely hide your location and your real IP address. When you’re accessing a website using a private proxy, that site won’t know that you’re using proxies at all.
What is a private proxy?
A private proxy, also known as dedicated, is a proxy that is used only by one user. It’s not shared with anyone else, so you have full control over how and when this proxy is used.
Private proxies for personal and business needs
Private proxies provide you with the highest level of anonymity, that’s why they are used not only for personal but also for business purposes.
For example, ad verification companies use private proxies to check advertisers’ landing pages anonymously. Or, let’s take travel fare aggregators whose businesses almost entirely depend on private proxies.
Proxies enable automated data collection of flight company websites, online travel agencies, and other sources without IP blocks or bans.
Private proxies are also used to get pricing data, buy limited edition products, create and manage social media accounts, and for many other reasons.
The advantages of using a private proxy
Private & secure
- The main benefit of private proxies is that, well, they are, in fact, private. If you buy these proxies, no one else will have access to them.
- By using private proxies you’ll face little to no risk of having your personal information compromised which gives you a higher level of security.
- Usually, private proxy providers offer IP addresses from various locations enabling you to browse the web through, let’s say, Germany while sitting in the USA.
- This can come in handy for multiple occasions. For instance, if your target website uses geo-blocks or if you want to get localized SERP data.
- Private proxies won’t negatively affect your browsing speed. They are assigned to one user, so there’s a little chance of the bandwidth overload.
- Private proxies are also more reliable than shared ones and, in most cases, have unlimited bandwidth.
The main downside is that private proxies are usually more expensive. However, they come with many benefits, and, if that’s something that you’re interested in, we definitely recommend you choose this type of proxy.
In fact, using private proxies proved to be the most reliable option for many of our clients. If that’s something you’d like for your business, get in touch with us at [email protected].
Want to learn more about proxies? Subscribe to our newsletter and get the best content every month.